This week is a very special week in our house. It’s both Max’s birthday and his adoption anniversary. We actually adopted him just a few days after his birthday, so last year I called adoption his present. This year we got to celebrate properly though, with Pupcakes and Presents and all.
For today I just want to share the Pupcakes, They need a post of their own, but don’t forget to come back on Wednesday to check out photos from Max’s birthday.
Pupcakes, if you haven’t heard the term before, are exactly what they sound like. They are cupcakes for pups. These cakes are made with all dog friendly ingredients, but look perfect enough to put in a bakery. Which is exactly what our dogs deserve right?
Ingredients – Makes 10 Pupcakes
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 C Water
1/3 C Oats
1 C Pumpkin Puree
Icing (not pictured)
3 oz Cream Cheese
1 Tbs Plain Yogurt
1/3 C Peanut Butter
1) Mix all cake ingredients together in a bowl with an electric or hand mixer
2) Place in a well greased muffin tin or use foil liners
*note: I used paper liners, and for whatever reason they stuck horribly. Like I had to cut the pupcakes into cute little hexagons to cut the liner off.
3) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
4) While the cakes are baking mix all your frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with an electric or hand mixer until it is smooth and creamy.
5) Once your cakes are cooled down you can add your frosting
* note: I just spoon mine into a Ziplock bag and cut one corner off about 1/4″. I can use this to squeeze the frosting into pretty spirals
*Optional: Top your pupcakes with sprinkles or your dogs favorite treat. We used some of Max’s favorite salmon treats and doggie beef jerky strips.
You don’t have to wait for a birthday to make a batch of these pupcakes. Make some for your best friend and share some pictures with me on Facebook!